About Us: Fire Loop VR is a premier location-based entertainment venue offering multiplayer, free-roam virtual reality experiences that are immersive, engaging, unique and fun. Fire Loop VR is based in Irvine, California where it offers group-based VR experiences like shooting/adventure games with zombies, family-friendly, escape room/puzzles, strategy, and PVP. We have partnered with award-winning products in the VR industry to bring exclusive VR games and experiences to Irvine. Many of our games are award-winning and well known such as Angry Birds in VR, World Of Tanks. We will also be featuring new games in partnership with Ubisoft, like Beyond Medusas Gate set in the world of Assassin’s Creed Odyssey and Huxley II. We are also excited to be releasing more premium PvP (player vs player) games towards the end of 2019 and early 2020.
JOB TITLE: Game Master
JOB TYPE: Casual
TYPE OF CONTRACT: 1099
LOCATION: Irvine, CA
SUPERVISOR/MANAGER: Facilities Supervisor
The most important role of the game master is to be a Fire Loop VR customer ambassador who will help us deliver our promise of immersive, engaging, fun and unique virtual reality experiences to our customers. The game master is responsible for customer engagement from the moment the customer walks through the door to the moment the customer leaves the premises. The game master is responsible to ensure that the customers have a good experience at Fire Loop VR not just while playing the game but also during check-in, in-game, debrief and during the photo sessions.
This will be achieved by
- Welcoming customers and ensuring all the mandatory paperwork/waivers has been completed before commencing the game
- Explaining the safety requirements and rules for all players
- Explain what to do if anyone feels uncomfortable or needs help
- Playing a briefing video (depending on content)
- Explain how to get hints or assistance during the game
- Helping players put on the VR equipment, check it is fitted properly and working well.
- Explain how the equipment works
- Take photos of players if they ask for
- Adhering to each days time schedule so that the games begin and end according to the booking schedule
- Start the game, check in with all players to ensure communications are working
- Supervise the game at all times. At no time should a game be left unsupervised
- After completion of the game, help players remove the equipment
- Debrief with players
- Take photos of players if required
- Encourage players to write a review about their experience
- Once players have left, sanitize and put the equipment onto charge if required
- Anything else that may be required to be done by the game master
All employees are required to
- Ensure that the premises and environment are safe at all times for staff and customers and do whatever is required to ensure it is compliant with our safety standards and all of our policies and procedures
- Abide by all workplace health & safety requirements
- Refer to management issues or solutions where required
- Escalate any issues they cannot resolve themselves to management
- Report any incidents
- Other tasks as directed by the facilities manager/supervisor
The game master role requires someone who is friendly, outgoing and engaging and is willing to do whatever is required for the customer to have a good experience. This may also require patience, compassion, and consideration. The role requires someone who is results-oriented and diligent with attention to detail.
The key requirement is a good attitude, willingness to learn and be willing to work as part of a team.
Qualification & Experience:
- Must love and be passionate about gaming and VR industry
- Desire to work and grow in a creative environment
Easy right? You can stop reading right here if you have it and apply for the position ASAP
Nice to have:
- Experience in customer service or other relevant experience
- Competent with IT systems, MS office and general workings of a computer
- Experience in managing customers in a retail environment will be advantageous
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work without supervision
- Computer competency
Why work with us?
Fire Loop VR is a new and innovative entertainment company that is endeavoring to transform the VR entertainment landscape. Our mission is to be the premier VR destination in Irvine and then expand in the West Coast and perhaps one day, internationally, this will mean that there will always be opportunities for promotion and growth for suitable candidates that wish to advance their career or grow their skills and knowledge in different areas of the business. We will only be offering the highest quality games and experiences to ensure that we really can be the premier VR destination. Our desire is that everyone coming to Fire Loop VR has a fun and memorable experience and then shares it with friends and family.
As part of Fire Loop VR family, you will be entitled to free or discounted games and experiences for you, your family and your friends.
If this is you please apply with a copy of your resume and a brief cover letter below or forward your email to email@example.com